Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wedding Cake Alternative

When I started planning my wedding I knew I wanted to do a wedding cake alternative. When my wedding reception was going to be in my parents backyard I wanted to have an ice cream sundae bar. Now that my reception will be during lunch and indoors I am going to have wedding cupcakes! Most bakeries will charge for wedding cupcakes as much as they charge for wedding cakes (sorry not a cheaper option on this end) but you don't have to pay your reception venue to cut and serve your cake. Wedding cupcakes in my opinion are not a good idea for formal (black tie) wedding receptions unless you display outside the banquet room as a favor for your guest to take as they leave. I meet with my baker (can I call her that) next week!

Here is a display that I really like:


No comments: