Sunday, November 2, 2008

dah dum da dum

I saw the title to this post on a wedding program featured on style me pretty. This post is not about that o so cute program but the fact that I can not get "Here Comes the Bride" out of my head. I have a feeling it's stuck in my head because of the amazing day I had Friday.

I bought my wedding dress!
The first time I went gown shopping at Davids Bridal was in June before I had a ring and a budget. I don't recommend going before you have a budget. I wasn't worried when I went because I thought I wanted an empire style dress which is usually under $500. I tried one on and I didn't like the way it looked on me. I felt like I was wearing a sleeping gown. So back on the racks went the empire style dresses and in came the A-lines, ball gowns, beads, and lace (over $500). It was fun I went just to try on gowns I wrote down the information of my top 3. Then reality hit in October aka budget. My wedding dress did not make the important list (will pay at any cost list). So I knew I needed to wait for $99 sale.
Wednesday I received an email that they are having their $99 sale Nov 1 - 17. I thought I was going to wait until I went home to go shopping Nov 16 or 17. But that same day 2 other girls who are also engaged here at my internship asked me if I wanted to go with to try on dresses for fun (they already have their dresses) on Friday. I went with them but I wasn't excited (probably because I don't have a dress) I didn't even tell Mr. Josh or my mom I was going. Our first stop (and our only stop) was Davids Bridal and I was their ticket in since I honestly was still looking for a dress. I was excited to be able to see what dresses would be on sale starting Saturday. The manager told me since they are already advertising it she would honor the sale that day (Friday)!
I was preparing myself to have to settle with a less formal gown because that is usually what is $99. To the surprise of myself and the sales rep there was a beautiful ball gown on sale. The dress ended up on the rack because somehow the store forgot to mark it down from $700 to $399 (I think the dress was discontinued). With that price ($399) I am sure they would have sold all of them. I tried it on and called my mom to inform her I found my dress.
I still can't believe it
dah dum da dum

No comments: